Saturday, May 9, 2009

Home

Well, it was a long trip home but Lauren was a real trooper through the entire trip. She slept the entire trip from Hanoi to Taipei and then the long flight from Taipei to Los Angeles she slept around 8 hours of that. She was only fussy around 45 minutes of that entire flight. We had a 7 hour layover in LA so we rented a room and ate pizza, showered, and got a little shut eye before traveling on a red eye flight to Dallas. Let me just say that it was the best sleep that I have had in several weeks. The Dallas flight was pretty uneventful except for the fact that we all were wide awake at 1am but of course we were on a different time zone than everyone else. She wanted to screech at the top of her lungs and giggle loudly while everyone was trying to sleep. Lauren and I decided that it was best that we go and keep the flight attendants company for a while. Then comes the drama from Dallas to Little Rock.....the flight was canceled due to bad fog in Little Rock and in Dallas. They delayed it and delayed it and finally canceled it. Unfortunately, I didn't think that I would have enough diapers to make it through the trip so the American airlines lady sent me to the Travelers Aid office to get some. Well, when I got a little lost and asked a guy in charge where I could find this office he said to go through the revolving doors and scoffed. I asked him if I would be able to get back with no problems and again he chuckled and said yeah. By the way he was lying. When I tried to get back I realized that I would have to go back through the checkpoint security point and of course I just had my passport on me and not my boarding pass. Lauren was trying to eat it so I left it with Mom at the gate. All in all I almost had a nice little meltdown because I thought that I had missed the plane and Lauren was getting fussy. Did I mention that I had her strapped to me in her sling? We were actually able to make it back through with a little finagling but I was so stressed that I could have got down in the floor and had me a great little crying fit. My poor Daddy and Step Dad had been waiting at the airport since 7:30 that morning. We managed to make it in around 12:30pm. That is when we found out that my paintings that were done by a really talented Vietnamese artist had not arrived from Hanoi and that since they didn't give us a ticket for it that there was no way that they were going to be able to track them. I guess on Monday I will be trying to get a hold of Eva Airways to see if there is something that can be done. At this point we were just so glad that we finally were home and made it safely.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the flight and the paintings. I hope they can find them for you.

    ReplyDelete