Friday, August 21, 2009

I have become a bad blogger again....sorry. Lauren has been doing really good. She is now sporting 11 teeth, including 2 molars. Needless to say she was not a happy camper about that. She weighs just 16 pounds and is 26 inches long. The doctor says that she is in the 5th percentile in her weight and height. She has lost a little weight but she has been sick with a double ear infection, upper respiratory infection, and bronchitis. That was a fun little doctors appointment. My baby girl was not feeling good and then she had to have blood drawn and a chest x ray. Needless to say the entire doctors office heard her and was coming down the halls to check what was going on. By the way it is a 2 story doctors building. Her lungs are excellent! Other than that little hiccup she has been the picture of health. She is walking everywhere...or maybe I should say practically running. She can move so fast you would think she was a streak of lightening. She has also developed the most sinister giggle. It is hilarious. She will break out in this spontaneous giggle for no apparent reason when it is quiet. I have been trying to get it on video but she has been uncooperative. I am going to keep trying though. She has been sleeping so well and eating anything you put in front of her. She eats mainly veggies and some meats. She is Miss Independent when it comes to eating. If it isn't finger foods most of the time she doesn't want it. She will however allow her grandfather to feed her from a spoon when no one can. She has learned how to drink from a straw. I was not going to allow my child to have any caffeine of any kind but one day she was wigging out about me drinking even though she had her sippy cup. So, I proceeded to let her "try" and to my amazement she was able to do it and she took a big gulp and just shuttered and some yummmmm. It was so adorable!. The girl can take you down for some diet coke. Lauren and I picked out her new bedroom set. I got her opinion on this...really. She sat on the computer desk and we went through sets and she made it known what she liked and didn't like. We have decided on the Hello Kitty and Puppy bedroom set. She giggles and claps and screeches "cat" at the top of her lungs any time she saw it so I am guessing that is the winner. She will be moving into her new room soon. I will post pictures of that as soon as it is done. I will try not to be a bad blogger but I can't promise anything.:)) Below are a few pictures of her lately. Her hair has gotten so long.



3 comments:

  1. i feel you pain about the doctor visit. trey had to go to way too many appointments and lab draws the first couple of months home. he is VERY strong even though he is little and they all say wow he's really strong after they have to get help holding him down (even after i warn them... how come no one believes the mom when they say this?) :) glad she is sleeping better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for the update! She is such an awesome kid. How I wish we lived closer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear from you. Marie Hyland was just asking about you!!

    ReplyDelete